Cut some part of pipe because of construction requirements or ellipse on the spigot end occurring due to unsuitable handling during transport, or less damage of internal and external lining of pipe. Click below for some repair options.
Through hydraulic or mechanical hoisting way, withstanding internal wall and pressing outwards, or withstanding external wall and pressing inwards to avoid damaging the cement lining, a hardwood gasket should be used similar to the internal shape of the pipe.
- Pipe cutter can be mounted with a grinding wheel for cutting and polishing.
- An emery wheel is suitable for cutting pipe with cement lining.
- Pipes should be put on the ground or rectangle wood while cutting.
- Steps of pipe cutting: marking, cutting, and polishing.
Repair Outside Coating Layer
- Clean the surface with furry brush or wire brush, if necessary, it can be dried with natural gas.
- After cleaned, coat it with oil paint.
Repair Cement Lining
- Turn the parts needed repairing to the bottom and get rid of the damaged part.
- Remove residual cement with wire brush and moisten the cement layer edge which needs repairing, then wait for several minutes.
- Fill with cement mortar and press it to the original thickness of cement layer.
- Finally coat the surface smoothly and add some water or cover a layer of washed cloth on it to avoid cement drying immediately and producing cracks.