DN300mm: pipes bundled; DN>300mm: pipes unpacked.
For loose pipes the heights of stacks should be determined by consideration of the stresses on the lowest layer of pipes in the stack; the total height to which the crane can lift; and the facilities available to ensure stable stacking.
We recommend the following:
- DN80 up to DN200 are stacked no higher than 12 pipe layers
- DN250 to DN400 are stacked no higher than 8 pipe layers
- DN450 to DN500 are stacked up to 6 pipe layers
- DN600 and DN700 are stacked to 4 pipe layers
- DN800 and above no more than 2 pipe layers